We’ll give you a boost.
The road to teaching isn’t always straight, so we made road signs:
- All the background you need to evaluate teaching as a profession.
- Easy-to-use products that help you explore and become a teacher.
- Customized emails and texts that deliver resources and next steps to you automagically.
- It's all possible with support from our friends at Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
- I worked in a variety of fields before entering education, but I wanted to find a career that could blend all my skills into a purposeful passion.
- 13,000Future teacher colleagues
Be in Demand
- 12,313TEACH users exploring teaching
Proven Track Record
- 37KC partners to support you
Join the Club
Everything you need to become a teacher in one place—for free.
Sign up to get access to:
- 1-on-1 expert advice about becoming a teacher.
- Custom tips and how-to guides for finding the right teaching program.
- Interactive checklists to help with your teaching program applications.
- $100 fee reimbursements when it comes time to apply.
- Exclusive scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
Understand the Career
What do teachers do?
The Kansas City region boasts some of the most unique and diverse school models in the nation. Kansas City is even home to the highest-performing school in the state of Missouri. Join talented colleagues, make your mark and get paid for it.
See the Possibilities
Do teachers have a good future?
Kansas City offers the challenges of a large urban area but, at its core, is a community that embraces change and strives for excellence. There is a secure future for anyone working in the classroom here, especially for STEM teachers. Are you ready to empower students to navigate and thrive in a changing world? Get to know your future coworkers.
Imagine Your Teacher-Self
Am I a good fit for teaching?
If you like a challenge, and daily gratification that what you're doing matters, teaching could be your calling. You bring unique skills and personal history to any job you take—but leading a classroom takes full advantage of both. In this career, you'll work hard while building skills that set you up to succeed no matter where your professional life takes you.
Choose Your Path
How do I become a teacher?
There are many pathways to becoming a teacher that you can take advantage of. From traditional educator preparation programs to alternative certification, anyone with the drive and skills to lead a classroom can find a way to licensure. We break it down in just a few steps. Get started by checking out our overview.
Get Certified to Teach
What’s teacher certification?
If the word “requirement” scares you, you’ll like our resource on understanding certification. Once you get to know which subject, specialty and grade level are for you, next steps just fall into place. Get a head start by getting to know certification in Kansas City.
Get a Job
How do I start my teaching career?
Once you're certified to teach, you'll probably want a job. (Give a mouse a cookie...) We've partnered with 8 school districts in the Kansas City area to bring you the nitty-gritty details about what working as a teacher here is like. Hear directly from your future colleagues and see what job openings might be up your alley.
In the Press
- TEACH Kansas City offers the support and resources you need to navigate the teaching profession, no matter where you are on your journey.
Elevating the Teaching Profession
Kansas City Public Schools superintendent and senior program officer for Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation visited the FOX 4 studios to talk about their campaign with TEACH Kansas City to recruit more teachers.
Create an Account
Sign up for your free, all-access pass to TEACH products and services.
- Create a career roadmap.
- Get 1-on-1 expert advice.
- Follow how-to guides for getting certified.
- Access prep program application checklists.
- Claim fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
We’re always working on something new to help the next generation of great teachers. With an account, you get first dibs!
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.