Don’t let fees hold you back from fulfilling your mission. 💰 With application fees, testing and transcript costs, applying to educator preparation programs can add up. That’s why we cover up to $100 of your expenses when you apply to one of our partner programs.
How to Get Reimbursed
When it comes to saving money during the application process, it couldn't be simpler:
- Sign up for a TEACH Kansas City account.
- Submit an application to one of our partner educator preparation programs.
- After applying to a program, complete this form with proof of your application and fees.
- If you're eligible, you'll get reimbursed up to $100 for your application-related expenses!
Note: Once you submit the form, please allow up to 15 business days for processing. Currently, reimbursements can only be provided via PayPal or Venmo. Check out our FAQs below for more details!
TEACH Fee Reimbursement FAQs
- How do the TEACH fee reimbursements work?
This is a perk designed for future teachers like you! All eligible applicants will receive a $100 reimbursement through PayPal or Venmo for expenses related to applying for an educator preparation program. Simply:
- Are my expenses eligible for reimbursement?
To get reimbursed, all of the following statements must be true:
- You signed up for a TEACH Kansas City account before you applied to an educator prep program
- You applied to one of our partner educator preparation programs
- The action or item you paid for was required for you to apply to or enroll in the program. This could include: application fees, transcript fees, testing or test prep fees, program deposits, and other application-related expenses
- You submitted copies of official documents that include dates for when you applied to the teaching program and incurred the expenses
- You provided valid PayPal or Venmo account information, so we can issue you payment
- What makes expenses ineligible for reimbursement?
Expenses are ineligible if any of the following are true:
- You signed up for a TEACH Kansas City account after you applied to an educator prep program
- You did not apply to one of our partner educator preparation programs
- The action or item you paid for was required for you to complete the program, rather than to apply to or enroll in the program. Examples include: tuition, books, and fees for tests that are required after you have enrolled
- The files you submitted do not meet the requirements because they don’t include a date, are not official copies of communications from the teaching program, or are provided in an unreadable format
- You provided invalid or incomplete PayPal or Venmo account information
- Who is eligible to apply?
Only individuals pursuing initial teacher certification through a partner program are eligible. Current teachers looking to add credentials to their certificate and/or those pursuing administrator certification are not eligible.
- What documents should I submit as proof? What do they need to show?
You should submit copies of official documents that prove that you applied to one of our partner educator preparation programs and that the expenses you incurred related to the application process. You do not need to submit proof that you signed up for a free TEACH Kansas City account.
The documents should be submitted as a PDF, screenshot or image file that includes your name, the date, the expense, and the relationship to the application process. You may choose to redact personally identifiable information that is not listed here (e.g. your address).
To submit the form, you’ll need to create a URL that links to the documents you wish to share. You can create a URL by uploading the document to a cloud sharing service like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Office 365.
- When should I apply for reimbursement?
You should apply for reimbursement after you’ve signed up for a TEACH Kansas City account, applied to a partner educator preparation program, and incurred the expense(s) related to the application process.
- How many reimbursements are issued per person?
We will only reimburse each person up to $100 in total for all expenses incurred, whether those expenses are submitted through one form or multiple forms over time.
- When & how will I get reimbursed? What if I don’t hear back?
You will be reimbursed through PayPal or Venmo within 15 business days of submitting your fee reimbursement request if you have met all of the eligibility criteria. Due to the high volume of requests, we will not contact you directly if your request is incomplete or ineligible. Please refer to the eligibility criteria listed on this page, and if you still have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What if I can’t get the form to work?
- To submit the form, you’ll need to create a URL that links to the documents you wish to share. You can create a URL by uploading the document to a cloud sharing service like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Office 365.
- If you still aren’t able to submit the form, please use these instructions to submit your alternate application by email.
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.