Elementary Education majors have five different field experiences built into the program, and Secondary Education majors have four. The amount of time spent in the classroom as a pre-service teacher grows from the Early Field Experience Class to the semester of Student Teaching.
The College of Education at Kansas State University is the most popular choice for future educators. Once an EdCat, forever an EdCat!
The College of Education at Kansas State University (K-State) is the largest teacher preparation program in the state of Kansas. We strive daily to make our vision a reality: preparing educators to be knowledgeable, ethical, and caring decision makers for a diverse and changing world. This vision is built by providing our students with unique opportunities to expand their knowledge—encouraging them to think critically and creatively about the world around them. Our commitment to continuous improvement within our college fosters a passion for life-long learning and service to community in our students, faculty and staff—both of which are values for current and future educators.
Our alumni are teaching in all 105 counties in Kansas, all 50 states in the country, and 56 countries worldwide. The support you receive as a student does not end upon graduation. Just as teachers are committed to lifelong learning, we are committed to lifelong support. We look forward to welcoming you into the K-State Family soon.
Points of Pride
- The average class size within our college is 22 students.
- Education specific scholarships are awarded to College of Education students each year
- 11 percent of our student body is affiliated with the military.
- Our newly-named Center for Student Success houses full-time College of Education academic advisors and licensing staff
- One-third of our students are first-generation college students
- 97 percent of new graduates are employed or pursuing further education
- The Elementary education program has recently been made available completely online
Once an EdCat, forever an EdCat!
E: Exceptional experience
D: Dedicated faculty & staff
C: Connected community
A: Advocates for all
T: Technology and innovation
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
- Earth Science
- English/Language Arts
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Home Economics
- Foreign Language
- French Language
- German Language
- Social Studies/History
- Physical Education
- Spanish Language
- Technology Teacher Education/Industrial Arts