- -- Select an Option --
- at a glance.
- with an expert.
Let’s make you a certified teacher.
Teacher Certification, Simplified
Getting certified to become a teacher might seem daunting, but we’ve got you covered. Just start with the basics.
Do I have to get certified to teach?
Short answer: Yes. Long answer: There are many different types of certifications, depending on where and what you want to teach. When you get certified, you become eligible to teach certain subjects and grades in your state.
How do I get certified?
There are several paths to getting certified, and step one is finding the right one, whether it’s entering a certification program as an undergrad, via a master’s or anywhere in between.
Want to discuss your options? Talk to a coach.
What should I know before getting started?
Since certification requirements differ by subject, specialty and grade level, deciding on where and what you want to teach can go a long way.
If this is starting to feel a bit overwhelming, check out About Certification for simple steps on getting certified to teach in Missouri or Kansas.
Explore Your Certification Options
Ready to discover the certifications you’ll need and your options for getting there? Check out our comprehensive list of certification areas and an overview of program options in Kansas and Missouri.
- Learn the requirements for teaching different grades and subjects in both states.
- Explore the different preparation pathways you can choose to get certified based on your current level of education (undergraduate or postgraduate).
Expert Advice for an Expert Applicant
Not sure where to start? Sign up for 1-on-1 advice with one of our coaches. We’ll help find the path that’s right for you.
- Personalized Advice. Our coaches get to know you, so the advice is worthwhile.
- Three Ways to Chat. Phone, video or email—we’ve got you covered. (Text coming soon!)
- Free Tools and Resources. Get an all-access pass to every TEACH product and service once you schedule a call.
Create an Account
Sign up for your free, all-access pass to TEACH products and services.
- Create a career roadmap.
- Get 1-on-1 expert advice.
- Follow how-to guides for getting certified.
- Access prep program application checklists.
- Claim fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
We’re always working on something new to help the next generation of great teachers. With an account, you get first dibs!
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.